Abstract Submission Guidelines
PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES STRICTLY TO AVOID NON-PROCESSING.
- Your abstract must be submitted ONLINE and in
- Your abstract must not exceed 300 words.
- It should not include diagrams and tables.
- Prepare your text with Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Single spaced text in a single paragraph without
- Copy and paste the text (without the title and the
list of authors) in the indicated field.
- Copy and paste the title and author’s names in
the specified box.
- FULL CAPS are not allowed.
- You must submit your abstract in .doc format.
You can submit your abstract for the following types of presentation:
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
- Abstracts are to be submitted via the online
submission form at www.ipc2016.com.
- In the abstract submission module, authors are
requested to register themselves, to fill in a form
on author's information, to select the form of
presentation, to suggest under which theme and
sub-theme the contribution should appear, and
finally to submit the abstract.
- Please note that sub-themes are preliminary and
may be subject to change. The author will have
access to his/her abstract - for modifications - until
the abstract submission is closed.
- The abstracts must be written in English language
and contain the title of the paper (maximum
20 words), main text of abstract, maximum 300
words including key words (maximum 5 words) as
well as introduction, description of methods, main
results and conclusions in written form.
- Do not include figures and tables in the abstract.
- All abstracts will be reviewed and evaluated by the
- Primary selection criteria are scientific quality,
relevance to the Congress themes and clarity of
- The Scientific Committee does not have the
capacity to edit or correct language shortcomings.
- Abstracts that are e.g. ambiguous, irrelevant or
scientifically outrageous may be rejected.
- Authors who are not fully conversant in English
are encouraged to have it edited to check the
language before submitting the abstract.
- The deadline for submitting the abstracts is extented to
15th January, 2016. The abstracts will be
evaluated starting from 16th January, 2016.
- Following the acceptance of an abstract, the
author(s) will be requested to submit an extended
abstract (=short article).
- These manuscripts must not exceed 5 pages
(including abstract, figures, tables and references),
and should be up to full scientific standard in
English language following conventional scientific
writing style or format.
- Please refer to the extended abstract submission guidelines for instructions on preparation of the extended abstract.
- After review by the Scientific Committee, accepted
abstracts will be included in the Congress
Proceedings and on the IPS website/intranet.
- Authors consent that their selected full papers
presented may be published in a special issue of
the journal, Mires and Peat, if invited.
- Authors will be informed when such publication
becomes available. Participants are also
encouraged to explore alternative publication
options for papers and/or posters presented in
- Please note that the acceptance of an abstract
without the submitting author registering as
a participant will not entitle the abstract to
be included in the Congress Programme or
- Registration, accommodation, healthcare, VISA,
travel, etc. remain at author’s own cost and
- Invitation call for abstracts: 15th September, 2015
- Closing call for abstracts: 15th January, 2016
- Notification of paper acceptance/rejection: 1st February, 2016
- Extended abstract submission deadline: 15th March, 2016. For more info on Extended Abstract Submission Guidelines, please CLICK HERE
- Authors will receive an e-mail informing the final
decision through their registered e-mail address
(as per login).
- No correspondence will be entertained on decisions.